Why does a passed test case show as To Do

Anjit Sreedhar September 11, 2016

Why does a passed test case show as "To Do". How do I moved the status of the same test case to "Passed" ?

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

Hi Anjit,

It sounds a bit like you're using an add-on called Testy to give your issue the 'passed' status? If so, there's no connection between Testy statuses and JIRA statuses. It's designed that way so that you can keep reusing your test cases without creating/cloning new ones all the time.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2016

I suspect it is the setup of your workflow for the test cases.  You'll need to look at that, and your process for "passing" the cases.

You've not described your setup or process here, so we can't tell you a lot more.  I don't know if your test cases are a simple issue type with a self-built process, or you're using a test add-on that provides workflows etc for them, or an add-on that handles them as objects that aren't issues.

Suggest an answer