Why do I not have a Resolve Issue button

John Mullen February 18, 2016

I'm using a cloud instance of JIRA (Agile).  I created a new project (scrum software development), new workflow, new schema and mapped the workflow and workflow scheme to my project.  I can create stories/bugs, etc and move them through the workflow, but I do not have the "Resolve Issue" button.  I need the button to do things such as "mark invalid, won't fix, etc..."  Any idea why I don't have this button?  Currently all issues have an "unresolved" resolution even if the Status is transitioned to "Resolved."

3 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2016

The resolve field should presented on the transition where you would resolve the issue. For many it is the transition that closes the issue. Talk to your administrator and they can look at the workflow and see where it would be presented. It isn't a button on the screen. Another possibility is the transition to resolve the issue may be restricted to certain roles or groups and you may not have permission to execute it and hence don't see it.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2016

You need to add the Resolve Issue Screen in a workflow transition (arrow) that goes to the final status (Resolved or Closed...).

Then, you will be promted a dialog to set the Resolution on changing to that status.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2016

Look at the workflow using the workflow viewer next to status/resolution - does the workflow have a "resolve" transistion?  If it does have it (out of the current status for the issue), then you don't have the right permissions - check the workflow conditions on it and your group/role membership in the project.

John Mullen February 18, 2016

I went to JIRA Administration / Issues, clicked "Workflows", clicked "View" (under Operations heading) and here is what I have (attachment)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2016

Ok, that's good, you should be able to resolve the issue from any status.

That means you don't have the permission to do so.  As an admin, have a look at that "All -> Resolved" transition and check the conditions on it.  (It's likely to say "must have resolve permission").  Then check how your account is not matching that rule.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events