Why can't I see themes in the kanban backlog?

Yvonne Gründler December 27, 2017

I am trying to group our issues by themes for better planning. I went into portfolio, created a plan, assigned boards, created themes, then went into one of the kanban boards, added a status to the backlog.

But when I go into the kanban backlog view, I see the issues there, but no column 'themes' as indicated in the tutorial. I would like to assign them to themes but can't figure out where to do so.

What am I missing? (Thanks in advance for your help!)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

Hi @Yvonne Gründler,

You would normally assign themes to issues in Portfolio. In scope view, click the cog icon at the top right corner of the scope items and check the themes column:

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 15.34.08.png

As soon as you have the column visible, you can assign issues to themes right inside Portfolio.

The theme field itself is currently not visible inside Jira. There are a few feature requests around the topic that you can watch to stay informed:

JPOSERVER-525

JPOCLOUD-525

Yvonne Gründler December 27, 2017

Hi Walter,

thanks so much, didn't realise that! Issue solved! :)

Thanks,

Yvonne

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

You're welcome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events