Why can't I see the Triggers tab on the transition?

Harold Dost February 29, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Advanced workflow configuration

Why can't I see the Triggers tab on the transition? I don't see anything that mentions how to enable Triggers. Are they enabled by default? Do I need to install some addon? I saw this plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin/server/overview however I was under the impression that this was something builtin. 

I am running this do to some development on  7.0.5

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2016

They are enabled only when you have supported applications connected to your JIRA instance. For example, they will appear if you have application links created between your JIRA and a Stash/Bamboo/Fisheye/Crucible instance.

Harold Dost February 29, 2016

What if I am looking to have events within JIRA cause transitions.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2016

You cannot use triggers for that. Take a look at the automation plugin.

Like Public Szilágyi likes this
arasu mani October 23, 2018

Hi Jobin,

I am using Jira 7.1.2, application links connected but still i can't see Trigger tab in Workflow transition.

Sherif Abdelfattah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2018

Hello Arasu,

Please ensure that the plugin: com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-transition-triggers-plugin is enabled.

You might have a plugin file conflict in your instance ensure that the plugin in your <JIRA_HOME>/plugins/installed-plugins is the one that ships with JIRA 7.1.2 which is jira-transition-triggers-plugin-3.1.8-D20151110T000849.jar.

upgrading that plugin might not work without upgrading JIRA though. 

0 votes
Ranvijay Bhaskar February 22, 2019

Hopefully your supported application is connected to Jira.

Considering that, once you are at workflow edit section, simply click on transition line, you should see transition in the popup option. If it's not there, please check application connectivity.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events