Why can't I close certain JIRAs? (JIRA Version: 3.13.4)

Juliette_Vincent August 17, 2016

Upgrading my version of JIRA is not an option.

I seem to be unable to close JIRAs with a particular issue type within a project.

It looks like in this version of JIRA it is possible for a permission scheme to be linked to a project, but not to be linked to an issue type. I am therefore at a loss to understand why I cannot close JIRAs of a particular issue type, (although this may be a red herring... it could be nothing to do with the issue type).

Any ideas if this is a known bug? Or could it be something to do with the screens or workflow?

Many thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

Don't think it's a bug but if it only effects one issue type in one project, it's more likely to be the workflow associated with that issuetype in that project. From what i can remember in 3.13, workflow schemas was already a thing. Edit the project, check out the associated workflow schema with the issuetype in question, look at the workflow. Add a transition on the last step allowing you to revert and go forward one step and add a transition to set the status to closed on closed. If you can't even see a status closed it might be that this step was removed and that you have to readd it. If you see a closed transitioned but resolution still says unresolved, you most likely just have to add a transtion to set a field. Choose field resolution, and set it to a status that exist in that project, like Closed.

Juliette_Vincent August 17, 2016

You lead me to the answer thank you so much. It turned out to be something really silly, and something I should have spotted:

The workflow for this issue type has a step called "Attach File", which I overlooked because I thought of it as the "Attach File" operation which is normally available. Having progressed through the "Attach File" workflow step, I was able to close the JIRA. Irritating. smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events