Why can't I add components to a ticket?

Shani Kovalsky July 1, 2016

Hey, I have two different JIRA projects I manage. I defined components for both of them, but I can only add a component to a ticket in one of the project. Is this a permissions issue? How can I add components to a ticket in both projects?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2016

My guess is that the second project either has no components defined (talk to the project admins, they need to add some to the available list) or components are not on screen or are hidden in the field configuration screen (talk to the JIRA admins about getting it re-added)

Shani Kovalsky July 2, 2016

Hey Nic , Thanks for your answer! 

I am the project Admin. I have components configured for both projects. I can see the component field in the Details view of the ticket:

image2016-7-2 13:21:56.png

But I can not change it. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2016

Ok, so if you have at least one component configured in the project, then the answer is that you don't have the component field on the "edit" screen for the issue type.

You'll need to ask your admins to add it to the screen.

Shani Kovalsky July 2, 2016

Thanks!!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2017

Same answer, although the main part for you is "check it's on the screen"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events