Why are there fields I have defined in one of my tabs not appearing in the tabs? They're stuck in the "Details" pane outside of the tabs.

j_belousek August 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Defining a screen

So without tabs, almost all of the fields fall into the "Details" pane above the description. As soon as I add data to another tab, the tabs appear and the data updates correctly on that tab. But where fields that were originally in the "Details" pane they do not move into the other tab. 

Why is that and how can I change this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user August 18, 2016

I have noticed the same thing. Apparently certain 'standard' fields will show up on the detail pane regardless of the screen layout. I have assumed it's coded that way by Atlassian although I have not found any specific documentation on it.

j_belousek August 18, 2016

Found it....https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/defining-a-screen-802592587.html

• System fields on View Issue screen — System fields on the default 'View Issue' screen (e.g. Summary, Security Level, Issue Type, etc.) are fixed. This means that they will always appear in the same place on the 'View Issue' screen, even if you configure the Screen to move them onto a separate tab. Custom fields of related to Dates and People will also appear in their fixed section of the view issue screen. If none of the fields on a tab contain data then the tab is not shown. To make a tab show up, make sure it has a custom field with a type such as Text or Select and that the field has a value.
    Note, this information only applies to the screen associated with the 'View Issue' operation in a screen scheme.

Now to find the ticket where Atlassian says they're not going to make a change for this obnoxious 'feature'...

Deleted user August 18, 2016

Kool! you found documentation!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer