Why are emails from a specific sender are not copying the description to the ticket.

traxacctadmin February 17, 2021

Hello, 

I have set up a project and have an email address that is used to create tickets. When I send an email from my personal account (gmail), the body of the email is copied to the description of the ticket (as expected). When I send it from my company email address, the same thing happens. When a user outside of our organization sends an email, the ticket is created properly and the description is copied over. However, when we receive an email from their support email address, the issue is created, but we only get "[Created via e-mail received from: ***** Support <support@*****.net>]"

1 answer

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @traxacctadmin,

You will need to look at the email content, sometime different email clients will insert different syntax into the email. Normally, we would not see the difference if we are using the email clients, but on the plain text mode, we will be able to see the differences.

You can use the steps in this doc to see the message source (text mode).

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events