Why am I not permitted to ask a question?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

Hello,
Sometimes when I try to ask a question on answers.atlassian, I get the error in the file attached,

I guess this occurs when I have previously asked a question or not accepted its answer?

Is there any restriction on the number of questions you can ask?

Atlassian-answer-permission.PNG

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

Well I think this has to do with your level of reputation over on Atlassian Answers. 
Right now you must have less or equal to 3 points. 

People having >= 3 points are restricted to ask either ask/answer only 2 operations within 24 hours. 

After you earn more points, there will be no restrictions

Right now, I have currently 25 points, and now I am able to ask/answer any number of times.

0 votes
Jeremiah Landi January 21, 2016

I am using Chrome (Version 47.0.2526.111 (64-bit)) and get the exact same error.

Not_Permitted_-_Atlassian_Answers.png

I just believe it is because they are not showing this message:

Why_am_I_not_permitted_to_ask_a_question__-_Atlassian_Answers.png

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2015

I donno why it occurs. 
I haven't checked in any other browers (just Chrome)

But right now I am able to ask the question but I think when I will accept any of the answers then I will be blocked for 2 days to ask a question. 

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2015

Muhammad, as far as I know there is no restriction. Is this occurring in other browsers?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events