Why SLA is restarting?

Felipe Dorocinski March 8, 2021

Since we've migrated our jira to cloud, i could realise the SLA Time to Resolution is always restarting when a ticket is reopened,  However, this wasn't happening into the Jira Server.

I found something that might be the reason, although we had always the same configs, since the begining. In the workflow, it was made a config that when a ticket is reopened, the resolution will be cleared, as necessary to don't create any problem when searching for opened tickets. 

WORFLOW.png

But, when you look into the SLA configs, it was defined that the counting will start also when the resolution field be cleared, 

sla.png

Well, i would know please where we're making a mistake, and also how could we solve this, in order to when the next ticket be reopened, the SLA will keep counting where he was stopped, and not restarting again.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Felipe Dorocinski ,

That is indeed normal behavior that a SLA restarts with thsese START and STOP conditions.

The only way to fix this is to:

• remove the start condition on the "Resolution: Cleared"
  • move the Resolution: SET to the Pause condition.

This way when you have a resolution set it will pause the timer (you will need to add a new STOP condition, like a Closed/Done status) and it will continue to count when the resolution is cleared aka no longer set.

That atleast is how I resolve this (without any addons)

This works like that to be able to do "multi cycle SLA's" which is normally not what you want for these..

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/example-creating-an-sla-with-multiple-cycles-939926419.html

Felipe Dorocinski March 9, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

I would like to thank you for your help! I made the changes suggested and could realise that its working well again!

Have a nice week! :D

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer