Where did user-menu items go?

Rick Wayne January 26, 2017

Until a few minutes ago, when one of our developers clicked the down-arrow icon next to their avatar, they'd see a useful set of menu items. Now, those have vanished – all that's left is "Profile" and "Log out". I'd do a screencap except that when I logged out and in to repro the problem, my account did the same thing.

No admin changes other than changing the lead on one project in last 48 hours.

Updated to add:

Menu previously contained:

-----------
MY JIRA HOME
  Dashboard
  Boards
 *Issue Navigator
-----------
Log out

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

From Monday, Atlassian has moved that option to your profile > preferences.

It's not a bug, but a relocation.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

Just to add to this, in case people want to see where this change is communicated - it's mentioned in Atlassian's 'What's New' page for JIRA Cloud: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/what-s-new-686863216.html#What'sNew-jiracore

JIRA Core

These changes have just landed on your site, or will be there in the next few days: 

• "My JIRA home" setting has been moved from the profile menu to the Preferences section in the Profile page.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2017

Exactly, thanks Sam. Yesterday I was answerring through my mobile and couldn't add all the info properly wink

Rick Wayne January 27, 2017

Thanks! Setting doesn't seem to be "sticky" for this developer – he keeps getting the Dashboard initially even though he set the pref to Issue Navigator – but I taught him to just click the JIRA logo, which is even faster than the old menu.

Suggest an answer