Where can i find the Jira logs?

prudhvi.pulipati December 11, 2019

I am creating Jira tickets from external application by using rest api. now i need to track the no of tickets have been created in certain time period. For that i'm trying to track the jira logs. Where can i find the ticket related logs? 

2 answers

1 vote
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2019

Hello,

If what you need is simply to find the number of tickets created in a time period, you don't need the logs. You can just use JQL search and search for the issues. For example:

created >= "2018/05/01" AND created <= "2018/05/02"

Selection_411.png

This will show you how many issues created in that time period.

Regards,

Elifcan

prudhvi.pulipati December 13, 2019

Elifcan,

Actually i'm trying do it grammatically. That is the reason i'm looking for logs. Is there any other best way to do that? 

Anton_Ermolaev December 13, 2019

maybe you could use https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver076/live-monitoring-using-the-jmx-interface-945111686.html 

UPD

bad idea. JMX for Server version only, not cloud

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

Hello, 

What do you mean "grammatically"? But since it's a cloud instance, you don't have access to Jira logs, anyways.

Regards,

Elifcan

prudhvi.pulipati December 13, 2019

Sorry. I meant by "Programmatically". Not from UI

0 votes
Anton_Ermolaev December 12, 2019

In addition you can use the dashboard gadget "Recently created chart" to visualize (and group, for example, by days or weeks)

Снимок экрана 2019-12-12 в 18.25.04.png

Suggest an answer