Where can I see the web links of an issue in New Jira Cloud view 2018?

Hao Qian August 17, 2018

In new Jira view , how do I see the web links as in the old view? 

We use web links to show gitlab merge requests but now we can't find them in the new issue view. Actually we can't find any options to display any Confluence links and external web links either.

Old:

Screenshot from 2018-08-17 18-27-05.pngScreenshot from 2018-08-17 18-26-44.png

New:

Screenshot from 2018-08-17 18-51-05.png

2 answers

4 votes
Nick Fitchpatrick February 7, 2019

In the past, I have used the Web Links to attach Google Drive/Outlook links. These kinds of files change over time and it was nice to be able to attach a link directly to the document, rather than uploading an attachment that would inevitably become outdated.

I assume the best solution now is to make a comment with the link in it, but I am concerned that will get lost if there are a lot of comments. It was definitely nice to be able to have a dedicated spot for it on the issue.

Brittany Steed February 7, 2019

I concur! Hope to see this re-released soon for our Marketing teams!

3 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2018

Hi Hao,

I can confirm that web links are currently not accessible in the new issue view. I'd suggest the following:

1. Leave feedback for our development team that you use this feature. There's a Give feedback button in the new issue view to help shape the development of the simplified view (which is still a work-in-progress):
    image.png
  2. Use the old view temporarily by either turning off the new issue view (you can do this from the personal settings link in the Give feedback button text) or by directly navigating to the issue in Jira. The new issue view is not active if you go directly to the issue by clicking the issue key at the top of the new issue view.
    image.png

Cheers,
Daniel

Dale Sund September 13, 2018

Hi Daniel

Is the intention to re-instate the web links?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2018

Hey @Dale Sund,

One of our product managers replied on another thread with some insight on the roadmap for links - take a look here!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer