Where are custom field's values stored?

Vasco Nunes November 20, 2018

I created a screen that I associate to an action in a linked issue. I added some custom fields to this screen. It is working ok, however I can't find where the values for the custom fields I added are being stored. Currently I only get the values from the default "Comments" field of the screen.

I need the user to be able to see these values on the linked issue.

Can anyone help?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Parvez Misarwala November 25, 2018

Check History tab, to get the values of those fields that you have added during transition. Also, if you want those fields to appear in issue detail screen, then you can add those field to the view screen of this project.

Vasco Nunes November 26, 2018

That worked! Thanks a lot!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

I am confused on what you are doing and what you expect here.  Let me re-play some of it:

You have an issue A.  It has a link to issue B. 

On issue B, you have created a screen that you use when you transition issue B from one status to another.  This screen has some custom fields on it, which you ask the user to add to.

If I have read this right, you seem to be expecting the fields updated on issue B to appear on issue A?  Is that right?

(I'm also not sure what you mean by "get the values")

Vasco Nunes November 20, 2018

I have linked issues (issue B) inside issue A (image1). When I transition Issue B from one status to another it opens my customized screen (image2). For example if I add comments (in the default field) in this screen I get those on issue B.  However, if I add data to the other customized fields I don't (image3).

image1

help1.png

image2help2.png

image3help3.png
Thank you for your answer.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

image3 shows only the comments area of B, and it looks like the description has updated from the transition fine.  I can't tell about the numeric field, it looks like it is not on the issue view screen for the issue type that B is.

Suggest an answer