Where are all JIRA accounts stored in database?

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

I'm trying to pull all Jira accounts from database. Where can I find exactly the same account list as through the User Management in Jira?

Distinct from cwd_user shows twice as much user accounts as User Management.

Distinct from external_entities shows ~30% more user accounts than User Management.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2016

It's cwd_user.

I suspect your "distinct" might be confusing things, although you have not told us what you're doing with it - users can be duplicated across directories with the same name, which could well explain what you're seeing.

As an example, I set up a client's JIRA recently.  I'm nic in the internal directory.  I'm nic in their main site's internal directory, I'm nic-s in another site's directory and I'm nic in the Adaptavist directory.  Doing a "distinct" based on the login id will give you 2 answers, which is wrong.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

Nic, I have used distinct exactly to avoid getting many records for users that come from multiple user directories :

select distinct lower_user_name
from cwd_user

Still the query shows many accounts that are not visible in User Management.

OK, I have found what's wrong. cwd_directory shows 7 directories. Those are the same directories that I can see in Jira in User Management. However when I selected:

select distinct directory_id
from cwd_user

I got 8 directories. It seems that on the beginning of the instance someone created a user directory and removed it right away. When I excluded this directory_id from search I got exactly the same number of users as in User Management in Jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2016

That makes sense - although the "distinct" is wrong because it's hiding user accounts, the users JIRA sees are masked - in my case, the Adaptavist nic is the one of the three that is used because that directory is higher than the others.

An extra directory would explain your results.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events