When will JIRA Portfolio have unlimited hierarchy?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring hierarchy levels

Currently, JIRA Portfolio does not have enough levels of hierarchy for us to continue issue the tool.  I heard from a client that you will be adding unlimited levels for hierarchy.  Is that true?  Is so, when will this be implemented?

Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Portfolio for JIRA already offers unlimited hierarchy levels within its new Live Plans [Labs] concept (available as of release 1.12), see section Creating new hierarchy levels in Portfolio for JIRA on the very page you referenced:

You can create as many hierarchy levels as you want in Portfolio for JIRA by following these steps:

1. Go to Portfolio> Administration > Portfolio Hierarchy Configuration and click + Create Level.
    Now you can see a list with all the levels names and it's JIRA issue type.
  2. Type in the name and map the new level to a JIRA issue type.
  3. You can remove the level by selecting Remove.
  4. Rearrange levels by dragging and dropping the tabs.

As emphasized on the top of the page, this is still a labs feature, i.e. you need to specifically enable it:

This page refers to a feature that is currently in LABS mode, please refer to the permissions page to enable access.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

178 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you