When using the SAML for Atlassian Data Center add-on, is it not able to create accounts within JIRA?

I have SAML SSO setup and enabled, and it functions with accounts that already exist. This add-on does not appear to have the ability to create accounts automatically... unless there is a way I'm not aware of. I've attached the snippet from the log file below, can anyone lend help with how to get this add-on to create accounts?

2016-12-07 17:14:38,368 http-nio-127.0.0.1-8080-exec-1 ERROR anonymous 1034x45219x1 17851de xx.yy.zz.abc,127.0.0.1 /plugins/servlet/samlconsumer [c.a.p.a.i.web.filter.ErrorHandlingFilter] Received SAML assertion for user xyz, but the user doesn't exist in the product
com.atlassian.plugins.authentication.impl.web.usercontext.AuthenticationFailedException: Received SAML assertion for user xyz, but the user doesn't exist in the product

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.

Richard,

You might want to reach out to Atlassian Support if you are using the data center SAML add-on.

Last week we added. SAML to our Kerberos authentication add-on.

This add-on support on the fly creation of users.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=kantega

If you need assistance, reach out to us at SSO@kantega.no

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

60 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you