When using JIRA "Basic Search" trying to select from the Project list or Type list I receive an error message

Brittany Woerner March 7, 2017

While using Basic Search, when I select a project from the drop down list, my option is not selected and I receive this error message "The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down.". I also receive this error message when selecting an "issue type".

The other available selection options are working as expected. 

When I use the query below in the advanced searching, results appear. I then switch to basic search with the active query and the project and type are then populated from the selection list. 

Query: project = ID AND type = Change Req.

Please let me know if this is a know bug or if there is a solution. 

Thank you,

Brittany

2 answers

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2023

Did you resolve this?  We are receiving same error today with Basic search

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

Sounds like some exceptions occurs. Do you have access to log-files? The exception should be visible when your receive the error message on your username.

Suggest an answer