When marking an issue as done, the resolution that I choose is not being set.

legacyGeoff April 27, 2016

Ok, so I have a Resolve Issue screen with "Resolution" as the only field. The transition to "Done" is set to use this screen. When a user marks an issue as Done, the screen comes up with the options: Won't fix, Done, etc...

The problem, is when I set the resolution as Won't Fix or any of the other values, "Done"  is always set as the resolution no matter which option I choose. Is there something else I need to do to get the resolution to set something else besides Done?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2016

It sounds like there is a post-function on the workflow that is setting it (post-functions happen after the screen, so it's stomping on what the users choose)

legacyGeoff April 27, 2016

That was it! I copied the workflow and didn't notice the setting. Once I removed the post function it worked perfectly.

Emma White January 31, 2017

Hi, I have the same issue. Can you tell me where to find the post function setting please??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

On the workflow transition - you'll need to go into edit mode on the workflow to see the detail.

Suggest an answer