When issues are assigned to multiple users, how do i generate report to see the efforts of individual developers

Nagendra Kumar Kamalapuri November 4, 2016

I know in typical agile we don't assign one issue to multiple users, but based on our situation we have to assign issue to multiple users, which was achieved using multiuser field.

Users are able to log work and remaining efforts also changing.

but when report it is not showing the efforts for any user for any issue.

All tasks are showing in unassigned status though the status is displaying.

Please help in generating the report to view individual resource level efforts for the issues that have multiple users assigned.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

What report are you trying to use here? 

Generally, you probably want worklog reporting, which doesn't look at the "assignee" field for the most part.  But you've not said which reports you're using.

Nagendra Kumar Kamalapuri November 15, 2016

Hi Nic, sorry for late reply.

Here it goes

1. issues are created

2. on one issue multiple developers will be working and also they are entering the their respective time

ex: Issue: "Create a Payment Service"

Dev1. : Logs 4 hrs
       Dev2. : Logs 6 hrs
       Dev3. : Logs 3 hrs

Most of the issues will be like this only, (I know this is not the best practice, but we are still in transition so till that we have to do this)

3. My mgment want to generate a report to list out the individual developer efforts for all issues (and individual issues) at sprint level, release level

Can anyone help how to get his kind of report?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2016

No, actually that's fine, it is best practice to record what you've done, even when you're not the assignee.

I'd have a look at the timesheet reporting add-ons in the marketplace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events