When i search issues by creators is duplicates all my users name.

Corey_Tabb April 2, 2019

when I search in jira for issues under created by anyone when typing in the user's name into the search it brings up the users name twice.

then when I check how many times they are in my user they only exist once why would this be happening

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hi Corey,

Thank you for reaching out! That's a very interesting issue you have.

My recommendation would be to reach out to the Jira Cloud team. They can reindex your instance to try to resolve it and if that doesn't work, they have access to your user management and database so they can see why the user is displaying twice.

Once you're able to find a resolution to the error, please feel free to reply back here to let us know how it was resolved!

Regards,

Shannon

Corey_Tabb April 15, 2019

Hi Shannon,

just to let you and anyone else who has this issue it was due to being on another list this had to be linked with the jira accounts after the migration.

once linked the issue disappeared also some duplicates were due to users having more than one account.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Corey,

Thank you for letting us know how you were able to resolve the issue! 

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Corey_Tabb April 15, 2019

my pleasure hopefully anyone else with the same issue can get it resolved this way.

and thank you, you too.

Many Thanks

Corey Tabb

Like Shannon S likes this

Suggest an answer