When a JIRA Issue is created automatically fill in Summary

Is it possible that when you create an issue in JIRA Cloud that a standard Summary is entered? Is it possible to change the value of Summary to Today's Date & a Dedicated variable such as. Jan 5 Final Inspection = Summary.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Thanks. Is there a way after they save it (Post Function) to automatically today's date to summary?

Right now I am using a post function of: The Summary of the issue will be set to Final Inspection Issue.

I would it to be:   Jan 5 Final Inspection Issue.

Thanks For ALL the help

No, you need code to do anything more than "set value to x", which you can't do in Cloud.

Yes Dana. Please add the following code on Create transition of workflow

This can be added only if you have script runner plugin installed. Select Custom Script Post Function and add following code.

issue.summary = 'xyz'

Regards

Chander Inguva

They're on Cloud, where there is no script runner. And that will fail even if you do. You're setting the summary *after* validation. Summary is mandatory so if the user leaves it blank, it won't get as far as the code. If they do enter something, they're going to get annoyed that you're destroying what they enter.

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 05, 2016

As far as I know there's no real way to do this in JIRA Cloud.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,448 views 20 13
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you