What will happen to Jira core product if I want to move from server into Data Center?

Aya AlJboor January 25, 2021

Hi,

I have Jira products hosted on server and would like to move into data center but Jira core is not available in the data center s what will happen for my existing product? and how I could handle the core functionalities in the DC

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

@Aya AlJboor  , That's a good question.

I think you will have to get onboarded to jira software. It is listed for category 'work management' https://www.atlassian.com/enterprise/data-center?tab=work-management apart from agile management.

JIRA software = JIRA core + Agile. So your core features will not be lost.

Aya AlJboor January 25, 2021

Thanks @Fazila Ashraf ,

• So I should drop jira core from my plan, right?
  • what will happen for my historical data under the jira core in this case?
  • I have to count the jira core licenses and add them to the existing jira software licenses (e.g. jira core users are 200, jira software are 500 >>>> I have t purchase the tier of 700 licenses), right?
  • Handling the non IT business, will be using business project template of jira software?

your help is highly appreciated!

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

@Aya AlJboor  , jira software licensed users can work on jira core also. You do not have buy separate license for core.

The historical data shouldnt be lost.. But i would highly recommend you to get an eval of DC jira software and apply it on your test instance to see how it impacts the templates and history.

Just to give you a perspective, we use only jira software dc and we do have the business project templates along with the software templates and users with software licenses are able to work on the business projects also.

Like Aya AlJboor likes this
Aya AlJboor January 27, 2021

Thanks @Fazila Ashraf , appreciate your help

Suggest an answer