What's the best way to use a scrum board with multiple JIRA applications?

zivran November 24, 2016

Hi,

I have several separate JIRA applications (i.e. not projects), which I would like to use a single scrum board for.

What is the recommended way of achieving this?

If there isn't one, is there any way in which I could manually create the issues on a board on one of these applications, and then link to issues on other applications, but then also have the board updated on changes from the remote applications?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2016

The applications are separate systems, so you'd need a way for one of them to pull in the data from the others.

The only way I know of doing this would be to forget the pull and duplicate the information.  Use something like K15t's Backbone to set up duplicate projects in the one you want to use the board in, with 2 way synchronisation.

zivran November 26, 2016

Thank you for your response,

however K15t's Backbone doesn't help in my use case, since it can only use a cloud application as a partner for sync.

I'm looking for a plugin which can be installed on a cloud JIRA deployment, and one way sync from other JIRA installations (both cloud and non-cloud) without being installed on them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2016

That's not true.  I've got it running between three server versions of JIRA and I know of a couple of server -> Cloud installations too.

Suggest an answer