What's the best way to move tickets to new sprint

Sidharth Nayyar November 14, 2016

Hi,

After a sprint has completed I want to move the incomplete tickets to the new sprint. If I mark the completed sprint as complete then all the incomplete tickets are moved to the backlog and I have to find them and move them to the sprint. Is there a better way?

Thanks

Sidharth

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Hi Sidharth,

You may create the new sprint before completing the current sprint. After that, when you try to complete the current sprint you will be asked whether you want to move the incomplete issues to the new sprint or to the backlog.

Regards,

Peter

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

What Peter has answered is correct.

There's also a new alternative to moving incomplete issues to a new sprint, which might fit better your needs for those cases in which you have already been working and have advanced in the resolution of an issue, despite of not having been able to finish it on time.

The new option is splitting an issue in two parts, one to remain in the original sprint, and other one to be moved to the new one.

You can do so by clicking with the right-button of your mouse on the issue and selecting split.

split.jpg

A small dialog will pop up with two rows:

1. The Summary and Story Points of the original issue.
  2. Two empty fields for filling the Summary and Story Points of the new issue.

All those fields are editable, to let have in mind the distribution of story points between both issues.

Once the issue had been split, both issues will be interrelated through issue links shown in the detail view as either a "split to" or a "split from" relation, as appropriate.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events