What is this screen called and how do I customize it?

Joshua Smith September 30, 2016

what_screen_.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2016

It's an issue view screen. 

Go to the project admin and look for the "issue type screen scheme" - descend into that until you find the screen scheme for the issue type you are looking at, and then go into that to see what fields are defined for viewing.

For customisation, all you can do natively is re-arrange the order of fields.   Note that JIRA ignores some fields in there and re-arranges them for you.  System fields always appear in the details section, attachments gets its own section, all people type fields are grouped and so are dates and times.

If you want to customise it more than just ordering fields, you'll need to start hacking core code (not advisable), although using add-ons to add tabs or custom field types that do different things are not a problem.

David Hanson July 14, 2018

How do I move Reporter above Assignee, so the displayed order is consistent with all my other screens?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2018

The Jira issue view is not configurable that way - you'd have to hack some code to do it.

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2016

If you're on Cloud you can use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/customizer-jira/cloud/overview to customize it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events