What is the version of jira jars that i can use to be GDPR compliant.

Deepa Sharma January 16, 2019

Hello,

I am trying to test the jira's new GDPR related changes where the user does not return name and key. I am able to request this by passing the x-atlassian-force-account-id in the header.  This results in failure while parsing looking for the "name" field ( i am using com.atlassian.jira.rest.client.internal.json.UserJsonParser) for parsing. 

I am using 3.0.0 version of client and core apis. 

I do not see any parser or User related changes in 4.0.0 either.

Is there anyone facing similar problems? Is there a different version that i need to be using. Appreciate any leads or inputs.

Thanks

Deepa

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Hi @Deepa Sharma,

There are a couple of suggestions on the radar for Atlassian, you can find them via the links below and, if you like, vote for them to increase the level of attention they get. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66612

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66978

Hope this helps, if so please click "Accept Answer" so others can find it easily.

-Scott

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

@Deepa Sharma

I do not think there is an equivalent version for JIRA Server out yet (the document is meant for JIRA Cloud) as Cloud changes tend to come first.

My suggestion would be waiting for JIRA 8 and see what it has to offer because the changes they would need to implement for this to work would be major. 

With server though remember that there are other sources where the information can be accessed such as the database so I cannot say much about when it would be implemented.

Anyway, wait for JIRA 8.

Suggest an answer