What is the old Status name after renaming it

Shivaji August 28, 2016

Hi Experts,

I am new to JIRA. I have renamed a status name in copy of existing workflow and unfortunately it impacted all the projects. I need to revert all the status back to old status name as it was before. Could you advise if we have any way to track the changes and what was the exact old name ? I checked the audit log and granularity was not to that extent to capture these chnages

2 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2016

For global reporting purposes, statuses are global constructs.

The easiest way to find the old name would be to navigate to an old workflow that used the status, looking at the Text Editor, and looking at the step name. The step name should have remained the old name.

Shivaji August 28, 2016

Thanks Steven for your time for responding. I went through the OLD workflows and could see the same status name. Should the step name and Linked status name should be same ?  Any other way to track the changes done ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2016

I'm afraid that if it's not in the audit log, the old status name is not captured.  If you've any copies of old reports or downloads, you might have it in there, and if you have a recent backup from before the name change, it will be in there too, but it's not captured in the main system.

Jayesh Baviskar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2018

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-@Steven F Behnke,

How can I find modifier of the status name either from front end or back end.

We need to find who renamed the status name "Open". 

Will it be tracked in any logs? How can I find it?

Your inputs will be really helpful.

Regards,

Jayesh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2018

You don't.  As I said above, it's not captured.  Your best bet is to look at the original step name in workflows, but that's not reliable.

0 votes
Jayesh Baviskar
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2019

Thanks for your inputs @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

Cheers..

Suggest an answer