What is the field name of "Affected Projects"?

Suemiao Rossignol January 4, 2016

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

We don't know.  What is "affected projects" in your system?

I ask because it's not a standard JIRA Core field name, so the question is how you've set it up, or if you've added an add-on which adds it.  In either case, you'll need to explain how you've implemented it before we can help you with the name. 

Also, what you mean by "name" needs clarifying - the usual way to describe a field in English is to effectively say "The field name is 'Affected Projects'", so, you already have the name of the field there.  I suspect you're looking for the ID instead?  If, for example, it is a custom field, most of the JIRA code will refer to customfield_nnnnn (where nnnnn is a unique number)

Suemiao Rossignol January 4, 2016

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes. It is a custom field and I have it work as suggested.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

Ok, great, that means that JIRA will "name" it "Affected Projects" (unless you rename it!), but always refer to it internally as customfield_nnnnn You can get that nnnnn by going to the list of custom fields and hovering over the links to edit/configure/delete and looking for id=12345 in the url it links to. There are other ways, but this is the one I've always used because it's always worked, and the others change sometimes.

Suggest an answer