What is the easiest way to assign issues to a component

Stuart MacAskill June 9, 2016

Probably a rather basic question...but I'm just digging into using Jira. Is there an easy way to connect issues to components, or is it manual once issues are created?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2016

Make sure you have the "component/s" field on the issue creation screen, and you'll be able to select them as you create the issue.

Have a look at the project's "issue type screen scheme" to drill down into the exact place you need, or, as an admin, start creating an issue and use the "where's my field" helper.

Stuart MacAskill June 9, 2016

Thank you! I've been able to make progress on this, and even import the issue to it's component. I created the component first since I had read here that was required.

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

When configuring components . . . add a component lead to each component and then switch the assignee to "component lead." 

Suggest an answer