What is the best SVN tool out there for Jira? Specifically for using revision/commit # for searches and reporting?

We are currently using Subversion ALM but there aren't a whole lot of JQL operators, and the syntax has a steep learning curve.  Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

Have you looked at Atlassian's Fisheye?

Sure he knows that FishEye exists. The question would be: why is FishEye better than Subversion ALM for reporting?

We did look into FishEye, but had troubles getting it up and running.  It's also far more costly than what we're looking for.

Pablo - we've been very happy with Subversion ALM but there are a few things that would knock it out of the park for us.  I sent some emails but never heard back.  I'm sure these will sound like nit picks, but they would be of great value to us.  

The ability to sort the SVN ALM tab in reverse order, with newest events appearing on top would be HUGE for us. All of our other tabs are sorted this way.    We like seeing the latest changes immediately.

We could use some more JQL.  Several of us need the ability to search for issues with no commits.  I see no easy way to do that.

The other thing we want is the ability to actually write to a JIRA field, rather than always relying on reading from SVN.  For example, latest revision.  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 9 hours ago in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

15 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you