What is included in the Tomcat when JIRA is installed? Is PhP already installed?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

Hi,
I'm installing TestRail on my JIRA server, and it has a few prerequisite requirements on what should be already present on the server: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-requirements

So i'm wondering is PHP already installed with JIRA? and if not, how can we install it?

Many thanks 

1 answer

1 vote
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2016

The tomcat is distributed with what we need to run JIRA and not much more (unless we just didn't notice it).  It does not have PHP, which is not a technology that we use in JIRA's user interface.

You best bet is probably to either install your own PHP-enabled apache in front of JIRA or to search around for ways to integrate with PHP directly from tomcat, like this SO post.

Suggest an answer