What is field / name of parent issue in sub-task

Hisamitsu Koga August 9, 2016

I want to identify field / name of parent in sub-task. Could you provide me with what field / name of

parent issue in sub-task, please?

3 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2016

In the sub-task post-function you can access  the parent issue as "sourceIssue" and then can display the key of the parent issue in the custom field of the sub-task.

Adam Cole June 29, 2017

Can I call this field/data in Confluence via the JIRA macro?  I have a table of sub tasks and I'd like to display a column indicating their parent issue.

thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2017

No, it's not a field at that point, it's a convenience for coders.  You'll want to find or write a field that provides a display of the parent as though it's a normal field.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2016

The summary of a sub-task is almost always prefixed with the ID of the parent issue, and there's no need to think about "links" as the sub-task always belongs to a parent.

There are some places where it is not, but only when the display is already making it obvious, such as when you are viewing the parent and looking at the "sub tasks in this issue" panel.

0 votes
Hisamitsu Koga August 9, 2016

Let me assume this senario.

At first I create a parent issue. Then, create sub-task. At this point, parent issue's link or issue id

will be linked with sub-task? How can I see / identifiy what parent issue is in sub-task?

Suggest an answer