What happened to the Jira documentation?

K. M. Peterson February 18, 2016

There is a page - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/jira-user-s-guide-100303115.html - with a full table of contents that looks like it's complete documentation on Jira.  Unfortunately, it's JIRA 6.4 .  There's a pointer there to documentation for the current JIRA products, but the documentation pages don't seem very helpful if one can't answer any of the "questions" - that is, looking for an overview of functionality, some organization around how the product is structured (clearly, I'm a new user), assuming I "know" already what I am trying to "do".  Seemingly clicking on link after link and drilling down into a multilayered set of documents without knowing the extent or depth feels frustrating and risks a lot of time wasted.

Is there a page for JIRA Core, Software, and Service Desk structured the way the "JIRA Users's Guide" linked above is?  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2016

Sadly, no.  Atlassian have decided to restructure all the documentation for JIRA 7 and its applications. 

The new stuff feels very shallow to me at the moment, compared with the detail in the 6.x documents (I keep finding myself answering questions here with "have a look at the doc... oh, there isn't a useful version of that for 7")

Chris Stamp February 22, 2016

Hmmm... This will limit the flow of upgrades to JIRA 7.X.X from 6.X.X. JIRA 7 will have to mature some more before mass upgrades

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events