What causes slow JIRA performance at remote server

Oleksandr Muliar September 24, 2020

Hi.

Gotta question:

we have Jira application at one server

as well as we i have two remote machines ( servers) - server A and server B.

Server A is common server used by many yemployees  and JIRA works normally there.

Server B is my server where I have specific software which I use to communicate with JIRA via JIRA API. I got the firewall channel between JIRA application and my Server B.

Problem: if I run JIRA in Mozilla at Server B – it is slow! For example to load welcome page takes abouts 35 secs. As well separate jira issue loading takes 36 sec as well.

What should I check? I am new for such issues….

From my server I have no channel to other applications, which I could run in Mozilla and compare the performance.

Thank you very much!

2 answers

0 votes
Oleksandr Muliar September 27, 2020

HI, 

Nic.

Thank you for your answer!

i suspect wrong server configuraion the moust as well.

Thank you.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2020

Server B is on the other end of a slow network connection, is running under-resourced, or is overloaded by poor configuration (possibly all three).

Check the networking first, then server resources (how much memory does Jira have to run, is it on a decent CPU, is the server loaded with other tasks, is the home directory on a fast local disk on a non-shared file system?)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events