Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

We will need a free form text field next to the picklist

For the Ticket Number Field. We will need a free form text field next to the picklist to enter the ticket number as currently it only allows the dropdown for selection.

Field.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @kpuralasetty

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you have a field in your JIRA instance to determine the ticket number, however, it only displays a drop-down field for the type of ticket, so you need a text field close to it to describe the number of the ticket itself. Is it correct?

I would use a text custom field to determine that information. These would be steps to add it:

1 - Logged as an administrator, navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Custom fields

2 - Click to create a new Text custom field (Single Line) and add it to your project screens

3 - Navigate to your project > Project settings > Issue layout > Drag and drop the new text field you created below the "Ticket number" field

P.S: if you are using an old version of JIRA, do the same steps in the menu Project Settings > Screens

4 - Optionally, I would update the "Ticket Number" field for a different name (E.G: ticket type), and put your newly created text field with the name "Ticket number".

If you are not an administrator, please ask your administrator to perform the steps provided. For more details about custom fields, you can check the documentation below:

Adding a custom field - JIRA Server 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

⚡️NEW Group for Confluence Cloud Admins

Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins!  We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...

95 views 2 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you