We want to create a project with the following permission scheme:- only reporter and group can see issues in a project

Carlos Bao May 25, 2016

Have been advised that this is not possible, don't believe this advice.

To be more precise, in this project, we want the reporter to be able to see his issues and only his issues, and we want another group ( say HR ) to be able to see all issues in the project. All issues on the project to be invisible to everyone else.

4 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016
0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016

JIRA Permission Schemes can theoretically be set to grant with Browse Projects permission to the Reporter but, if I'm remembering it correctly, it doesn't work as someone would expect it to behave.

How could a user report an issue on a project they cannot see?

There might be a potential workaround for that by adding "Group Custom Field value" to the permission scheme set on your project. As explained in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-60293

...granting with Browse Projects permission to a 'Group custom field value' will make all project names using that permission scheme to be viewable by all users.

Have not ever tried this workaround, though.

Alternatively, you can just add JIRA Service Desk to your suite.

0 votes
Carlos Bao May 25, 2016

Thx for this Yogesh, alas I have already confirmed what my collegue advised is true. From your pages:-

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-customise-jira-core-so-reporters-only-see-issues-they-reported-779290924.html

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2016

please look on this page, might it helping you.

Suggest an answer