We want the old project key NOT to be used in JQL queries.

Whit Blauvelt April 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Editing a Project Key

We want the old project key NOT to be used in JQL queries. Its getting in the way of those queries was the reason we changed it! How do we stop this unhelpful behavior?

1 answer

1 vote
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2016

You'd have to remove the old project reference, which would make the old key not usable for any of fisheye integration, old issue references, etc.  The point to renaming a project is that you don't lose all of your old context, including searching.  I, personally, find this helpful, as otherwise everyone has to update their filters.

Actually, looking at the database, it would be project.originalkey you'd have to change.  I have not tested this in any way, but if you update that column I'd imagine it will cause JIRA (after re-indexing the project) to be completely unaware that the project had a different key in the past.

Just curious, how was the old key "getting in the way"?  If it's that you want to be able to quick search for that key as "text ~" instead of "project=", I've generally been successful just wrapping it in quotes in the search bar.

mlassau_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

FYI, the history of Project Keys as used for HTTP redirects etc is stored in the ProjectKey table.

The Project.originalkey column is used for storage of Attachments on disk ... for legacy reasons we store files under the project key ... rather than moving 250TB of data on project update, we just keep using the originalkey just for attachment files.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events