We are not able to add more users in to Jira project Role

arasu mani May 10, 2016

Hi team,

We are facing issue while adding users into project Role. we added around 400 users already into my project Role Developers . if i am trying to add more people , am getting the error ""The JIRA server could not be contacted.This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down."

Please let me know if there a limit to add people in to every Role of the project ?  or if any solution is there , please let me know.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

There's no limit on the numbers - this problem is the server not responding.  Check the application log for errors (JIRA home/log/atlassian-jira.log) and that your network is ok.

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

Maybe you can work around this issue (unless it's indeed the network) by creating a new JIRA group? Add the group to the Role and users to the group.

0 votes
ARASU MANI May 10, 2016

Hi Nic,

If this case happen for all the JIRA project , i can think it might be network issue. but its happening for specific projects where i added more users to Developer Role.

also i googled it  and i could see some there its kind of limit . please see below link,

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/14198346

Kindly suggest me something.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

Nope, you've misread that link.  It is the same problem you are having.

Check your network and logs.

Suggest an answer