View only administrative rights for JIRA

Tamara Tchavtchavadze February 25, 2016

Hello,

I wanted to ask a question.
We are thinking how to standardize Projects setup in our JIRAs and as one option I thought giving some of our end users rights to see JIRA administrative section would be a big help. However, I'm afraid to give them rights to make changes.

Is there a way to grant view_only rights for administrative section in JIRA?

Do you suggest some other ways how to document JIRAs? (We have highly customized many different teams working with different JIRA instances)
Many thanks!

Tamara

2 answers

4 votes
Mohamad Khalife
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

Yes, you can.

Grant them administer project permission, the can only view the screen schemes, issue type scheme , workflows scheme, permission scheme.. 

But, they also will have the ability to add versions, components...

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

No, you can not give right only for view. 

We also have a lot of projects and teams. When company faced with troubles of project standartisation they hired new programmist (it was me) and I wrote some scripts to do it. 

I could share some of it with you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events