View a breakdown of issue status' per Epic

Daniel Lachcik November 23, 2016

Like on the Summary Activity board for a project, where you see a coloured line for the status' of all issues in a project; I'd like to see a similar coloured line for all issue's status' per Epic.

Is this possible... 

So you would be able to click on an Epic, see a list of all issues related to the epic (Issues in Epic) and then on the right see a bar indicating that out of 7 stories, 2 are New, 3 are In Progress, 2 are Done.

1 answer

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2016

The Epics panel on both the Scrum and Kanban boards will give you a progress meter if you are estimating your issues.

If you arent estimating then simply add a post function on your workflow to set all issues to have 1 story point on create. 

Daniel Lachcik November 24, 2016

Setting all issues to have at least 1 story point, what will this provide?

If all Story's have 1 Story Point, at the Epic level will I see something similar to time estimates where 1 Story out of 5 storys are completed in a simple bar graph?

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Setting all stories to 1 story point (if you arent already doing estimation) will provide you with a simple bar graph that appears below each epic in the epic panel of the backlog view.

Take note of the blue bars of varying lengths that appear below each epic in the screenshot of this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-epics

Daniel Lachcik December 5, 2016

Hey Randy, 

I have a test epic with 4 stories tied to it.  I set 1 Story Point for each user story, and closed 3 out of 4.  The blue bar you signify in your previous post (from this example https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-epics) is still greyed out, but visible.  How do I get this bar to recognize the story points?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events