View Story tickets that are linked to Epics which have a specific Label

Liz Bedwell September 25, 2017

My issue is in the management of many suppliers mixed into one project to deliver a very complex product, so everything needs to be in a the same project, the Epics created for a new launch are then labelled to denote that they are needed for a launch and are not ongoing product improvements, however some can also be product improvements so they are part of current sprints/components etc.

As such labels on Epics have become invaluable in zoning in on each suppliers Epics that are required for a new launch, but I can't find a good way to set up a board to track the Story tickets in the labelled Epics.

I am using JIRA Cloud and am looking to find a way to do this (see code sample), but without the plug-in as it is not available for Cloud instances.

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = MyEpicFilter", "is epic of") OR filter = MyEpicFilter ORDER BY Rank ASC

As I have a filter set up to capture all the Epics labelled with "launch" and from that I then essentially want to invert this so I can view all the 'children' of those Epics, the story tickets, so I can then set up a Board to track it and also pull it into a Confluence page for other stakeholders to easily view.

Thank you to anyone that can help shed some light on this.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2021

attempting to clean up old posts. What about using Automation to add the label to any issue added to the epic?

Liz Bedwell July 6, 2022

This has been a number of years! 

In answer to your question and to resolve this old posts, Automation wasn't available in the instance I was using at this time.

This problem has since been solved by the usage of Advanced Roadmaps/Plans on Jira that allow tickets to be grouped per team. So thank you for checking in on a old unanswered question.

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer