Validator that ensures that an issue has at least two attachments before allowing transition

Scott Federman December 2, 2017

Can somebody recommend a way to validate that an issue has at least two attachments of any document type before allowing "approve" transition to staging. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2017

You'll need a bit of code to do this.

I'd do it with ScriptRunner as usual, adding a validator with a line for comparison saying something like

issue.getAttachments().size() > 2

Scott Federman December 3, 2017

Nic, as usual you come through. Thanks again for your help. 

I could use your help for another  (hopefully quick) issue. I need to script listeners to copy fields from story to sub-task as the field is updated. Its the same field in both issue types, I'm just trying to carry the data down to provide user visibility. 

Example

• Story issue type: Order Request
  • Sub Task issue type: Part Order Request 
  • Field: PO Number

Update PO Number in Order Request and it populates down to PO Number field across all Part Order Requests. 

I have to do the same with a free text field as well called Vendor Name.

0 votes
Johnson Wang December 7, 2017

Hi @Scott Federman

You can do attachment count validation using the Power Scripts add-on.

We've actually put together a quick 5 min video tutorial that walks through all the steps you need to take to set this up. And we've also included the sample code we used, so you can just copy and paste it to test for yourself.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

Suggest an answer