Using the issuehistory() fucntion with EpicLink

motherg March 23, 2016

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me out here - I'm having some difficulty getting my head around using the issuehistory() function with the EpicLink field (apparently it's supported).

Let me give you the scenario first. I've moved a load of tickets out of one project in to a new one as using components in the project was getting really confusing for the PO and the team. Int the process of moving the tickets I forgot they would no longer be assigned to an Epic, which is fair enough.

What I'm trying to achieve is to query which tickets use to belong to specific epics (the data I can see in the History of the ticket) so I can bulk edit these issue and assign them to the correct epic in the new project.

I can't work out what the JQL should be in order to us the issuehistory() function and I was hoping someone maybe able to help me out.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

The issueHistory function just shows issues the current user has recently looked at, and will only show a maximum of 30 issues. It's not what you want.

You would need the WAS operator but it's not supported for links AFAIK.

I think you will need to write some kind of script that parses the history items using the REST interface... it's easier in the hosted version, although not much. If it's not too late maybe you could get a restore done.

motherg March 23, 2016

Ahhhh right, not to worry then - a slight pain but I can do it manually in the time it would take me to work out how to write the query against the REST API.

Suggest an answer