Using Jira / Confluence for Waterfall and Agile Projects

Kevin Seery June 29, 2016

Hi,

I'm a new user to JIRA and Confluence, trying to configure the system for a business that has Agile and Waterfall projects. Agile projects are not a problem. The problem I have is the waterfall projects....

I have been recommended to use Epics for our waterfall projects not Projects? I'm still not clear on which direction to take, does anyone know of a blog that outline the pros and cons of each approach?

Any there any blog about mapping waterfall project in JIRA? case studies / white papers?

Can any one point me in the direction of how you do roll up reporting on Epics or Projects ie management traffic light reporting in a automated way?

The Tempo and Big Picture add-ons adds a lot of the functionality we need.

Many Thanks

Kevin

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Pfotzer June 29, 2016

Kevin, here is a short simple page on using the waterfall model in jira: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20070229/how-to-use-jira-to-manage-waterfall-projects

I hope this helps you out.

welcome

John

0 votes
Kevin Seery June 29, 2016

Thanks for the help

Gladness Mulaudzi March 13, 2018

hi Kevin,

just wanted to know if the waterfall model helped in JIRA

Shirley Jhirad April 2, 2018

Hi,

I'm handling a waterfall implementation so amazing its still relevant for 2018! :)

I'm wondering what was the incentive behind creating a separate Jira project per waterfall stage... what are the Pros here? WDYT @Gladness Mulaudzi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events