Using CSV issue importer with a field using the database-values-plugin

Sean Kennedy July 13, 2016

Is it possible to do a CSV import  to create issues when one of the fields is using the database-values-plugin to pull values from a remote system?   

When I attempt it using "Import Issues from CSV" under the Issues menu I get an error stating that the custom field value is null.

When I attempt it using "External System Import" under the admin menu I can import but the value shows up as Unknown id: [value imported].

I've checked the vendor documentation and did not find anything that helps.  Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Sean Kennedy July 13, 2016

I was able to track down the issue. The importer only allows the value of the remote database ID. Not the “name” column.
So when I attempt to upload using name value the cvs import fails. If I use the database ID from the remote DB table, the issue imports successfully. 

The format would be something like this:

{code}
Summary,Matter
Testing CSV upload,id:44b89e40-6232-11e5-8d1567890 {code}

Joel Nurock October 15, 2020

Hi  @Sean Kennedy ,

I'm trying to update an existing ticket via CSV import and am having the same issue. I've used your suggestion above but still get an Unknown id: [value imported].

My query has 2 columns, 1) the internal id and 2) the name of the record returned.

The internal id field in the remote database is called "internalid". 

So I used the following on the CSV import:

• Summary, Test
  • Customer, internalId:1779

Do you have any idea what the issue could be?

For reference, here is the file.

# The SQL Query that will be executed on the database
sql.query=SELECT internalid, entityId AS 'Customer' FROM [database]

# The column number (starting from 0) that contains the primary key of the returned data.
primarykey.column.number=0

# The pattern that should be used to render the data in view mode. Use {column_number} as placeholders. You can use HTML, but make sure you close your tags properly!
rendering.viewpattern={1}
# The pattern that should be used to render the data in edit mode. Use {column_number} as placeholders.
rendering.editpattern={1}
# The pattern that should be used to render the data in searcher. Use {column_number} as placeholders.
rendering.searchpattern={1}
# This is used when sorting in the issue navigator. When not defined, the 'rendering.viewpattern' is used.
rendering.sortpattern={1}
# Use 0 to have a combobox for editing, 1 to have AJAX-style input field, 2 for cascading select
edit.type=1
# Use 0 to have a list for searching, 1 to have AJAX-style input field
search.type=1

jql.1.query.reference=CustromerID
jql.1.query=SELECT [internalId] FROM [database] WHEN entityId AS 'Customer' LIKE 'QUERY_VALUE%'

Suggest an answer