Users unable to log into JIRA 7.3.5 with saved passwords.

1SR August 14, 2017

We're running a self-hosted installation of JIRA Software 7.3.5 on Server 2012 R2.

We ran all available Windows Updates on our JIRA server on Friday and upgraded to Java 8u144.

Today, all of our users are reporting that they can only log in by manually entering their passwords rather than using the credentials their browsers have cached.

Additionally, any attempt to log in with the 'Remember my login' check box populated fail.

We had similar problems in the past when we edited seraph-config.xml to increase cookie age but have since rolled back to the default value of 15780000.

Has anyone else reported anything similar? Any idea what we can do to remedy this?

Despite the JRE update, the JIRA service is still running in tomcat8.exe.x64. The stderr log file is showing that the Java Home is still pointing to the JIRA install directory with the JVM version of 1.8.0_102-b14.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2017

Hi Steve,

• Do you experience this behavior if you bypass the proxy?
  • Do you experience this issue across all browswers, e.g. IE, Firefox, etc?
  • Do you experience this if you clear saved cookies and retry?

Here's where I would start:

1. Restart JIRA
  2. Clear the browser's cookies and cache
  3. Bypass the proxy and have a user attempt to login using the IP:PORT and see if they experience the same behavior.

Cheers,

Branden

1SR August 16, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I had already tried restarting JIRA but that didn't fix the problem. This was happening in all browsers and for all users so it was a server-side problem. We don't use a proxy server.

I was able to remedy the problem by replacing our version of seraph-config.xml from a default install I ran on a test server and restarting JIRA.

I'm not sure what caused this to happen after this restart as the server has been rebooted several times with the old seraph-config.xml file in place, but service has been resumed.

You can close this ticket.

Steve.

Suggest an answer