Users cannot access project boards and post project issues

Keith Jo November 2, 2015

Hi guys, 

Users cannot access the project boards or create project issues on projects that i have assigned them to. I have checked the groups they are associated with, looked at the permission schemes and everything seems fine, adapted the filters however im still having no joy.

I did permission scheme helper and it said the user cannot post as they are not part of ATLASSIAN-ADDONS-PROJECT-ACCESS. If i add all users to this group will they have access to all the projects in JIRA? 

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2015

Again, check your config for the group(s). I assume Keith did that and worked out what he'd got wrong.

0 votes
Lauren Prezby November 12, 2015

Keith, did you ever have luck fixing this issue. I am having the same issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2015

The answer from the permission scheme helper tells us that you have set up the permissions such that a user has to be in the group it makes.  We can't tell you about what else that group might be used for - you need to check what you have configured for that group

Sorry that this is a completely non-committal answer, but it really is down to your config, which we cannot see.

Suggest an answer