I have a few users who when exporting a JIRA Filter receive a blank export in Excel. However, when myself and a few other users export to Excel it works fine with data and all. The major difference I am noticing is that the users that are not able to get any data on the export are using Excel version 16.0.4405.1000; while the users that are able to export data correctly are using Excel version 16.0.4390.1000. My main concern that the Excel update was pushed across company wide and that this issue may affect everyone shortly. Is there a work around for this that any on is aware or a way to resolve? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I was able to resolve this. With the Excel update it does an auto default on a setting that prevents the data from exporting. Do the following to resolve this:
We appear to have had some success by setting our JIRA URL as a trusted site in Internet Explorer.
You can configure the above changes with Group Policy (which we did - search for "Site to Zone Assignment List" to see how to do this). Please note that we found that some machines had to be restarted for the fix to take effect even after Group Policy had been updated by issuing a gpupdate command.
Another workaround appears to be to "unblock" the file. It will then open as normal.
We found that after making the changes to the settings in Internet Explorer that the Excel files downloaded from JIRA did not get the "blocked" status (presumably as they're from a trusted zone).
Hope this helps someone else.
Got the same issue with Excel 2010. This Micorsoft Security Update seems to have broken excel opening the export: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115322
Renaming the .XLS file .HTML allows it to be opened in a web browser.
Rasied this issue with Atlassian: https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/22/JSP-271208
Thanks for all of the information you have provided on this problem and raising an issue with Atlassian. As Benny stated, I am not able to access this support issue either and was wondering the same question if a public issue is available or is there a way to gain access to the ticket you created?
Same problem here: Exporting JIRA filter results to an Excel (97-2003 .xls) file worked fine for opening in Excel 2010 until July 13th, when it started opening as blank.
Following up on the .XLS to .HTML renaming workaround: Opening the .HTML spreadsheet in Internet Explorer (e.g., IE-11), then right-clicking > "Export to Microsoft Excel" worked for opening the spreadsheet in Excel 2010 with the data.
I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events