User under Extended Project Administration cannot edit permissions?

Adam Simon February 1, 2019

I am listed in the Extended Project Administrator group and the schema has been assigned correctly to the project.  However, I do not have the admin permissions drop down in the top right of the "permissions" screen to be able to add users to my project with browse access, etc.

I've tried using multiple browsers, but they are all the same.  Is there something the Jira administrators are missing that would give me the drop down and correct permissions? 

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2019

Hey Adam,

If Permissions is shared across multiple projects having the "Extend Project Admin" permissions may not allow you to edit the Permissions.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Adam Simon March 13, 2019

Thanks Tyler, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by if permissions are shared across multiple projects...

Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

Hey Adam,

It's possible that the Permission scheme used by your project is also used by another project.

If that is happening then it's possible that even a Project Admin with Extended permissions wouldn't be able to edit the Permissions since it's shared.

Tyler

Suggest an answer